1st post ever on the forum?

12 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Apparently this is it. Nothing really super exciting! 🤣

It's funny that it wasn't even you creating the first post like "Welcome to the Forum" or anything like that... hahaha

Anyway, it's interesting to see how it all started. I'm sure it got you excited when you saw that at least one person was interested in a conversation on your new platform, right? :)

4 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Yes but it was converted from another platform... the old Logic Audio Users Forum on parsimony: http://web.archive.org/web/20020602024817/http://f23.parsimony.net/forum49865/

Oh wait, you mean that the LPHF was like a "version 2" of that Logic Audio Users Forum? So you already had a "following" when you launched this one?

16 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Yes exactly! The LAUF was how it all started, then at some point I closed that and turned it into Logic Pro Help. 

Oh ok... that's why the "excitement" was not the same 😆

When did the first one started? By the way, I love how basic and raw the first one was. I remember that kind of graphics, back when people just wanted to use the internet and share things with the world. The first website I saw was from a band from some friends of mine, back in 1996. I was blow away by the possibilities of this thing called the "internet". I miss those days, actually. The super basic and raw animated GIFs, creating websites using tables, worrying about having a warning on the main page saying "this website is optimized for 640x480 screens" hahaha

@David Nahmani

That's so cool! You kept screenshot of all the versions! I joined the 2012 version:
https://www.logicprohelp.com/profile/181805-3ple/

I think you should still add a screenshot of this new version as well at the bottom :)

What about that old picture you used? You still have it? If so, please post it. The one with the long hair and sunglasses, in the woods. What a "MySpace Tom" type of picture

• Like 1

I was on the first, original, and *only* Logic users group at the time, the original Logic Users mailing list, back when Logic was first released, and the main developers and other emagic staff also used to participate and respond to bug reports and feature requests - this would have been about 1993.

I probably still have some archives of that group, though certainly not complete, and I doubt I have good enough archives to have the first post on that.

They were fun days though!

Edited by des99
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, des99 said:

I was on the first, original, and *only* Logic users group at the time, the original Logic Users mailing list, back when Logic was first released, and the main developers and other emagic staff also used to participate and respond to bug reports and feature requests - this would have been about 1993.

I probably still have some archives of that group, though certainly not complete, and I doubt I have good enough archives to have the first post on that.

They were fun days though!

That's the fun part of being on this journey for such a long time. We get to remember those moments that are so unique and now, looking back, it's interesting that those same developers were probably not aware of how big Logic would become, bought by Apple, etc.

• Like 1

I recall that I was on the Sound On Sound forum in the early 2000s and one day this guy(guess who) posted that he had just set up a new Logic forum and suggested that we check it out. 

I'm glad to say that I checked it out and have been here ever since. I'm sure that I lurked for a while before finally joining up. My membership date is listed as 13 Apr 2005. Never regretted coming over and still think it's the best resource for everyone using Logic. Occasionally I will see people on Facebook logic groups getting some pretty bad answers. I usually recommend that they come over here for their answers.

Alan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1