Why is flex pitch acting up so badly?

WLouisMusic

Hi everyone, I've just about had it with logic at the moment.

A few weeks ago, whenever I recorded a vocal track and turned on flex pitch, no little notes would appear. This would happen on both Macos Monterey 12.4 and 12.5 on a macbook pro, mac studio, and also on my cousins macbook air. No matter what I did I could not get the notes to appear on my own machine, and could only fix my cousins by turning it on and off.

Now when I try and activate flex pitch, the notes do appear but they all show the exact same pitch the whole way through (shown in picture), with visible vibrato but any time I try and move them it sounds horribly robotic, like the flex engine hasn't picked up the frequencies properly. This is really weird because they are pristine vocal tracks with clear cut pitches.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 4.03.18 pm.png

I have witnessed the same issues before. Flex Pitch can be quirky, but I have a few tricks that always seem to work. You just may need to do a couple of them to get there.

Usually when I turn-on Flex I select File / Analyze Audio for Flex Editing and then have to switch the Editor from the default Track tab (tabs are in the top center of the Editor window) to File, and then back to the Track tab to see the notes.

I will also change the Flex Mode from Flex Pitch to something else and then back to Flex Pitch.

Last resort, while in Flex Pitch mode, Select File / Analyze Audio for Flex Editing again and see if it resets it properly.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...