Eno as a Logic lad

On 10/18/2022 at 12:10 PM, David Nahmani said:

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Here's the album if you want to listen to it while reading the article. 😄

I've been a fan of Eno's ambient music for a really long time. Music for Airports and Music for Films are my two favorite albums of his. I couldn't get into his alternative/rock music for some reason...I think his ambient music is much better. His work with U2 is also great. 

2 hours ago, deckard1 said:

I've been a fan of Eno's ambient music for a really long time. Music for Airports and Music for Films are my two favorite albums of his. I couldn't get into his alternative/rock music for some reason...I think his ambient music is much better. His work with U2 is also great. 

His first 4 pop records are possibly as influential on me as the Beatles. When I'm feeling perverse, I put on Discreet Music and blast it at "unintended" volume!

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 9:44 AM, grumblepig said:

His first 4 pop records are possibly as influential on me as the Beatles. When I'm feeling perverse, I put on Discreet Music and blast it at "unintended" volume!

Discreet Music is awesome. Have you listened to 1/1? My absolute favorite Eno ambient track...

Edited by deckard1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

An interesting piece. Some quotes from the article: 

“Except for the voice, Brian’s pretty much in the box. He’s great at making fabulous synth sounds using Logic soft synths and some third-party plugins and he did play guitar sometimes using a few pedals going into a Focusrite preamp and straight into Logic, but the days of him using modular synths are long gone.”

and

“Brian really does get great results from what’s bundled with Logic. He also uses a lot of sound treatment from Melda and some Native Instruments stuff, but he doesn’t really work with samples that much. He’s more about processing audio and programming Logic’s soft synths for sound creation.”

• Like 1