When the brush tool is the assigned as the right click tool, clicking on a midi note freezes the editor instead of erasing the note.

oozak

I enabled the "right mouse button is assignable to a tool" in preferences-general-editing. I'd like to use the right mouse button as the brush tool in the piano roll. Usually when using the brush tool, you can also click existing notes to erase them, but when using the right mouse button, it freezes up the editor until I click around. Is this a bug? I'm using Logic 10.7.4, Monterey 12.6

On 10/29/2022 at 7:32 AM, oozak said:

I enabled the "right mouse button is assignable to a tool" in preferences-general-editing. I'd like to use the right mouse button as the brush tool in the piano roll. Usually when using the brush tool, you can also click existing notes to erase them, but when using the right mouse button, it freezes up the editor until I click around. Is this a bug? I'm using Logic 10.7.4, Monterey 12.6

This is a funny one, because if you short-right-click with the brush tool on a note you can afterwards erase notes using the left mouse button 😄 This could even be a workaround for you, but don't get too used to it in case Apple fixes the bug 😉 

brush.gif

Edited by polanoid
  • Wow! 1