Some sort of TRANSPOSER...

turbopump

Hello everybody,

I have been using from scratch Logic Pro for just over one year now, and... I wish I was a programmer of some sort because there is something I wish I could do with Logic, but I can't. I have really tried to look into the Environment, the various MIDI FX plugins but... Well, I did not find what I wanted and I hope you can help me out.

Basically, I am looking for what I call an enhanced TRANSPOSER. What I would like to do is this:

1. In one track, I write a MIDI pattern, that in its simplest form could be just a series of chords, with the notes that have a ONE bar length.

2. In another track, the one that I am recording/playing live, I would like that while I  hit the keys on the keyboard, Logic "transposes" my notes according to the ones that are in the first track: if the notes that I play in the 2nd track are included in the ones in the 1st track, well, they are played and recorded, otherwise they must be "transposed" to the one closest to it.

I understand that I could achieve a similar result by using the TRANSPOSER MIDI FX and some automation... but really I would like a simpler way, like the one I described.
Do you know a way to achieve this?

Thanks, Marco

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

You can do that with Touch Tracks in Logic Pro, however they're a bit clunky so you're going to have to experiment a bit in order to get the desired results: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgcp7e2a503e/mac

Try them and let us know if you need further help with them. 

Hello! Firstly, thanks for the reply and for making me "know" Touch Tracks, that I totally ignored.
I've had a look at them and, besides the "what the hell" comment that I can male (does not seem user friendly), it seems to me, at least from the bottom of the knowledge ladder where I stand, that is not the answer to my quest, if not because I wrote "a simpler way" in my request, in comparison with the Transposer. Anyway, I don't seem to find a way to use TT to limit the notes I can play bar by bar, given another MIDI track.