Black Friday deals on Mac books suggestions?

The Air is an excellent machine, the Pro has a fan which means it can handle higher temps so depending on your environment, that may translate to more CPU power when the Mac heats up. 

Make sure you check out that thread and the threads that are linked from there as well: 

As for Black Friday deals, Amazon typically has some great deals on Mac computers. For example here's one for a 2020 MacBook Air M1 for $894 !

• Like 1

@deckard1 "I'd second that emotion," since every single one of the many [modern ...] Macs that I have ever(!) purchased, save one, came from that source.

Here, you can find "the Macs that you lusted-over last year," perhaps having since been sent through the purgatory of retail shops and/or school classrooms, now fully-restored and sold with the same bumper-to-bumper AppleCare® warranties that are available for "brand new" equipment.

Edited by MikeRobinson
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, JCcares said:

Thanks guys.I just pulled the trigger on Macbook pro ,with the M2 chip.I hope it’s a good choice.It comes with 2 Thunderbolt 4 ports & no USB ports.So I was wondering if it can handle my Apollo Solo & trying to figure out how to use my USB I lock etc without a USB port!

It's the choice I'd recommend for most 'bedroom producer' types. Look into a USB or Thunderbolt dock for your USB-A peripherals.

"Software Update" will bring this computer up to the latest version of MacOS that it will support.

You'll need to find a "dock" or "hub" that lets you connect to the type of port (USB ...) that you need.

There are also plenty of options for appropriate "high-speed drives" on the Internet.  Generally, at this point, I recommend SSD = Solid-State Drive = "Memory Chips" technologies versus actual miniature hard drives.  All of them are "fast," they are "fairly ridiculously 'big,'" and, these days, none of them are "expensive."

Amazon is your friend.

Edited by MikeRobinson