Where are AUv3 plugins downloaded from the App Store?

grrdjf
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

I downloaded a bunch of AUv3 plugins from the App Store onto my new M2 MBP. Several work just fine in Logic, which is really cool. However, several fail validation. I'd like to be able to remove them, so that every time I rescan I don't get a repeat of the "incompatible plugins" error window, except I can't for the life of me figure out where they are.

They're not in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components nor are they in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components -- so where the heck are they, and how is Logic being told to look for them?? Most importantly, can I remove them?

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 11.34.20 PM.png

• Solution

Hi grrdjf,

I'm glad you asked as I had not played with AUv3s yet.

They seem to be installed as apps in the Applications folder (and the app' s package Contents folder includes a PlugIns folder which contains a .appex extension), but additional files and folders may also be placed elsewhere in the system. 

I tested with a free EQ I found online and besides the app I'm finding related stuff (at least for this plugin)in:

• ~/Music folder
  • ~/Library/Audio/Presets folder
  • ~/Library/Containers
  • ~/Library/Application Scripts

Hope that helps,

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
additional info
  • Like 1