Logic Pro 10.7.5 Does not properly import Audio Files from the media folder

jamsden

Using Logic Pro 10.7.5 on macOS 13.0.1, open a project that was created from a template (i.e., has mono and stereo tracks, but no audio regions in the track. Open the Project Media browser and select All Files (there you have a folder that has a number of mono and stereo .wav files that are in the same track order as the loaded project template). Select all files and drag and drop to the first track, at location 1. See the prompt to add selected files to tracks, and select use existing tracks. 

What happens: Logic Pro prompts that there's a track format mismatch between stereo and mono tracks. Select Keep track format and the audio files are imported, but in the wrong order. The stereo tracks are moved to the first tracks and the mono tracks follow.

What should happen: the audio files should be imported in file and track order. 

This works correctly in Logic 10.6.3 on Catalina. But it does not work correctly on 10.7.5. 

I use this a lot to get tracks recorded from live gigs on an X32-Core using X-Live cards. The Logic templates match the X32-Core scenes. This change/defect has broken this workflow. 

I also noticed that dragging files from Finder into the tracks also imports them in the wrong order. This is definitely a regression bug.

I found a simple work around though. If you select all the files in the files browser, All Files tab, right click and select Add selected Audio Files to Project Audio. Then select the Project tab to see those imported regions, do Cmd-A to select all regions, right click and select Add to Tracks.... The regions are imported into the existing mono and stereo tracks in the right order.