Am I doing this right? (Site noob question)

fr3Q

Even when I'm logged in (and 14hrs after my initial post was vetted and accepted), I'm noticing I can't Reply to individual posts, just the Quote check mark on each post and then Reply at the bottom of the thread.  And when I do that, I'm not getting any feedback that my quote is actually there, so I'm finding myself bouncing up and down the thread to remember what I'm supposed to be quoting.  This isn't how most of the forums I sub to operate.  Is LPH a bit different in that regard?  Or is it a privilege thing that changes after a few posts?  Just asking so I don't keep thinking something's messed up with my account.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, fr3Q said:

Is LPH a bit different in that regard?

I just get this - is this what happens for you?

lph.gif.f2e39a9d84a4fb0ca626dc925561251e.gif

You can't reply as such to individual posts, all you can do is add a new post to the end of the discussion thread - this is the same as most forums. You can of course quote previous posts in your post, which again is normal for forums.

So I'm not sure exactly what your issue is with the forum? Do you have maybae javascript turned off on your browser, or something isn't working on your browser? But it seems like the forum is working as designed.

Note is you use the Quote button, you get a little pop quote window and the lower right corner that you use to insert you multi quotes into your reply...

SCR-20221206-7eb.png.abf1bc38bb477986ce205de9d6928a2a.png

Edited by des99

Thanks.  I haven't seen that little menu.  It's possible I just missed it because I'm expecting to see a Reply button beneath each message in a thread, but instead I'm looking down, to scroll to the end of the thread to get that.  And that's really what I'm missing, having a Reply button beneath each message.  I'm bringing it up because it seems unusual to me in the first place.  I'm not unfamiliar with using forums.  Attached is what I'm expecting to see in a typical thread of multiple posts.  

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 12.28.48 AM.jpg

Wait.  I'm sorry, des99...are you demonstrating that the Reply button appears when I make a quote?  It just occurred to me that's what I might be missing.  Omigosh, I just tested that.  Now I understand how LPH operates!!  Sorry, LPH js is obviously doing more than other forums!!  Sorry for th interruption.

35 minutes ago, des99 said:

ou can of course quote previ

• Like 1

Indeed we do not have the concept of "replying" to an individual post, you're just replying to the entire thread, and as des99 demonstrated, if you want to quote a post you can click the "Quote" link at the bottom of that post, or if you want to quote only a specific portion of a post then you can drag to select the text and then a "Quote selection" button appears.