Aux track vs Track Stack

Logicman2

Creating a Summing Track Stack (STS) is the same as routing the source Tracks to an Aux manually, but way more efficient and convenient. Also you automatically get a Track for the Stack (=Aux) and you can show/hide the source Tracks with the triangle on the STS, something which a normal Aux doesn't allow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzfilth said:

Creating a Summing Track Stack (STS) is the same as routing the source Tracks to an Aux manually, but way more efficient and convenient. Also you automatically get a Track for the Stack (=Aux) and you can show/hide the source Tracks with the triangle on the STS, something which a normal Aux doesn't allow.

Thank you for the fast response. I did a Track Stack. I wanted to be sure if one wasn't  better than the other.

I have an electric guitar track that I divided up with different pannings and volumes throughout the song to give the song more dynamics. Not sure if this is normal. But instead of HighPass EQing every guitar track, can I put one on the summing track?

The advantage of doing the routing manually over using a track stack is that you keep your multiple guitar tracks at the root level of the Tracks area rather than having them packed into a stack. That is, if that workflow is advantageous for you. 

Other than that, as @fuzzfilth just said, using a summing stack is faster to set up, and quite elegant to use. 

• Like 1