Multiplying or Subdividing Project Tempo with Scripter

D4rkKn1ght

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone with more knowledge of Scripter than me can help or advise me on this. Basically I'm trying to sort of replicate what a clock module can do in a eurorack type setup. Let's say the project is set to 90 for its tempo, but I want one particular track (software instrument obviously) to play back at half that speed. A particular example is that I have a really long sustained chord running the length of my track with a Logic arp applied to it. The arp is already on it's slowest setting, but I want the notes to be longer than the arp can achieve with it settings. So I'm wondering if scripter can 'divide the clock' so-to-speak.

Appreciate any info on this. I'm also open to third party plugins that can achieve this if anyone knows of any, but I haven't been nable to find one.

Thanks!

"Half the speed" should theoretically be possible, "double the speed" probably not. Scripter takes the MIDI input from the track while the sequencer is running; and for "double the speed" it would need to have access to notes that occur on that track at a later time.

If it's not a "live" situation I would simply record the arp and then use MIDI transform on the notes.

Well it's for a generative situation, so actually writing out the midi would defeat the purpose in this case.

As to your point about not being able to double, whilst that's not really my main concern as it's rare that I want a sequencer to go faster than 16ths or 32nds which most arps will do, with what I was imagining, it would still be possible. I have no idea if Scripter can actually do this, but in my head, scripter wasn't processing or delaying incoming midi notes themselves, but altering the tempo. This would be placed BEFORE the arp in the FX chain. Therefore by the time the arp is doing it's thing, it thinks the project is in 45bpm. But I suspect this can't be done.

Could the environment maybe do this if scripter can't? I still feel like a clock divider/multiplier should be possible somehow. Even if it needs to be a fully fledged plugin and not just scripter.

Edited by D4rkKn1ght