Mac mini cant be updated to use Logic pro 10.7

adaz4

6 minutes ago, triplets said:

I installed macOS Monterey on my 2012 macbook pro. It was working but:

Fan was going the whole time, CPU and graphics were taxed more than Catalina.

Wasn't too much fun for everyday use, so I reinstalled Catalina and all is good again.

I didn't think Logic 10.7 worked with Catalina ?I want to use the dolby atmos feature on the new Logic ?

I am running latest version of Monterey on my 2010 macpro and it is functioning perfectly without any issues whatsoever.  I am using logicpro 10.7.4.  It’s able to run 10.7.6 but too many bugs for me in latest logicpro.

in order to do this I use opencore.  I have been running opencore for several years now and using my machine for many hours a day every day.

i can’t advise about your particular Mac mini model other then to say check the macrumors forum and look for other users that are running Monterey on your hardware and try it out ( make a backup first ).  Other people have probably worked through all the issues alteady.

i follow a similar thread on Macrumors of users that are all specifically using 5,1 macpro and running latest Monterey on opencore.  

Not everyone is up for this challenge, but I can say it has been working terrifically for me with my 5,1

Edited by Dewdman42

1 hour ago, Dewdman42 said:

I am running latest version of Monterey on my 2010 macpro and it is functioning perfectly without any issues whatsoever.  I am using logicpro 10.7.4.  It’s able to run 10.7.6 but too many bugs for me in latest logicpro.

in order to do this I use opencore.  I have been running opencore for several years now and using my machine for many hours a day every day.

i can’t advise about your particular Mac mini model other then to say check the macrumors forum and look for other users that are running Monterey on your hardware and try it out ( make a backup first ).  Other people have probably worked through all the issues alteady.

i follow a similar thread on Macrumors of users that are all specifically using 5,1 macpro and running latest Monterey on opencore.  

Not everyone is up for this challenge, but I can say it has been working terrifically for me with my 5,1

Macpaw says monteray is only usable on mac mini 2014 upwards anyway

I suspect you are going to want to focus on something called OCLP to get it working.  

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/MODELS.html#mac-mini

Note the following from that page:

8881752_ScreenShot2022-12-20at11_08_43AM.thumb.jpg.b177efe17442526134b91d24a2764c01.jpg

So anyway, someone might have made an easier way to get your specific model working, you just have to read around in those threads a while to find out what other people are doing until you find the right solution.  I can tell you exactly what to do if you'r using a 5,1, but you're not, so you have to find someone else that has worked with your Mac model and knows what to tell you.  But OCLP is kind of the new way that people are getting open core and newer MacOS working on many old Mac models.  I am not actually using OCLP myself either, I can't advise much about that either, but that is probably where you will end up IMHO.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/19/2022 at 7:44 AM, triplets said:

I installed macOS Monterey on my 2012 macbook pro. It was working but:

Fan was going the whole time, CPU and graphics were taxed more than Catalina.

Wasn't too much fun for everyday use, so I reinstalled Catalina and all is good again.

Hi Triplets, do you think Catalina is more stable than Mojave? I've been thinking about upgrading to catalina for a while. Which version of LP can I run on Catalina?

7 hours ago, suddengeoff said:

Hi Triplets, do you think Catalina is more stable than Mojave? I've been thinking about upgrading to catalina for a while. Which version of LP can I run on Catalina?

The latest version of Logic Pro for Catalina was 10.6.3, IIRC.