Movie Audio Not Uploading to YouTube

A Solo

Hi all! This is my first time ever posting a question in a forum. I am running into a very frustrating problem. 

I have followed the steps to Export Audio to Movie, so that my movie I'm working with, along with original audio, includes my score. 
In Quicktime Player, it sounds perfect, with all automation and added tracks. 

It gets exported as a .mov file via Logic. 

But, when I upload my creation to Youtube, the movie audio is there, but none of my work done in Logic shows up. Even though it is there via Quicktime Player.

Please help! I've tried changing the movie format to AAF, changing the sample rate. But, nothing is working. 

Thank you.

Hi A Solo,

The reason you are not hearing your score once you upload to YouTube is because it is on an additional, separate audio track in the movie file (actually container is the more appropriate term for QuickTime). So basically you have the video track, the original audio track, and a second audio track with your score.

It seems Quicktime Player is happy to play and output multiple audio tracks simultaneously through the system's audio output and that's why everything seems fine when you play the resulting movie with QuickTime Player. If you open the same file in a player like VLC, you won't hear your score unless you specify that's the audio track you want to hear.

So the solution to this is to overwrite the movie's original audio track with a mix of that original audio and your score so that you end up with a movie with one video track and one audio track. For this you necessarily need to import the movie's audio in your project, and when you're ready to Export Audio to Movie, make sure you do not select the movie's embedded audio track in this window:

1106202654_Choosetrackstoexport.png.7ed3d4300229ce4af2e4dd3a8ba64ad9.png

Of course, if you have any plugins on your output channel you will have to make adjustments in your mixer as to not affect the movie's imported audio with those plugins (basically route all your score channel strip outputs to an Aux and place your output plugins there instead).

J.