Logic input audio signal completely glitched with Ventura

Sam Scott

Hi all,

Brand new apple macbook pro with m1 pro chip with Ventura 13.0.1 installed, brand new SSL12 interface, up to date Logic X 10.7.6. 

When I try and record audio from the interface it barely registers, even if the pre amp is massively overloaded, it sounds very glitchy and distorted. 

The same thing happens with 2 different, fully functioning UAD apollo twins and an RME Fireface and ONLY in Logic X, not in Garage Band or Ableton Live 10.

I need to figure out how I can track audio in Logic! its my main DAW and I use it every day! 

I have tried all of apple's suggested trouble sooting from this page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200260 but it seems more geared towards logic refusing to open. 

For me Logic is opening fine and functioning, plug ins all seem fine, imported audio fine. 

Please help me somebody!!

OK, I just had a bit of a breakthrough but could still use some help

I created a new macbook user profile, opened Logic and that tracks fine, the input audio signal is as it should be in the new user! Logic seems to have all my plugins intact on the new user too... which I was suspecting might be the problem...

When I return to my original user the same signal issue occurs.

I would like to keep my user profile and trouble shoot the problem rather than starting again, at the risk of missing whatever is causing the bug, but I also know that at least I'm not completely stuffed.

Side note- I have tried deselecting the box 'use' in plug in manager on certain plugin brands, quitting and and reopening Logic, checked that the selected plugins are no longer visible but still the same problem...

FYI no cracked plugins- UAD,Plugin Alliance, Soundtoy, oeksound installed (still in the process of installing all plugins)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue as OP.  I tried deleting plist files as directed by Aileron but unfortunately I'm still having the same issue.  Sometimes if I open Logic and then restart the SSL 12, I'll get full signal but it's hit or miss.