HOW-TO? — Manually moving Logic settings and prefs to M1Pro Ventura silicon from Monterey intel?

Pete

What Logic settings do you mean?

If you just mean your own preferences, then you need to copy over both Logic preference files com.apple.logic10.plist and com.apple.logic.pro.cs from your home library/preferences folder, and if you've customised your plugin manager menus and other stuff then most of ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/ you'll probably want to copy over.

Again, it really depends on what you want to move - if you have saved plugin presets, sampler instruments, Apple loops and other things, you'll need to copy all that stuff over, but it's really difficult to list out everything that you could have possibly done in Logic in the offchance you did that and need to copy those files, especially if you only mean Logic's factory content and your preferences...

• Like 1

Everything ideally  - all my own preferences, channel strips 'etc' presets… without wiping out what I have on the target (ventura) mac hopefully. I started creating new Track I/O labels in Bitwig in the meantime… and also in Audio MIDI Setup  — not clear if /where Logic keeps that saved? I'm very keen on MERGE copying but not sure if/where/how that works in Ventura … the big difference with the laptop (silicon) is I swap between the big Fireface 802 aggregate in the main studio and a little audio fuse — remote unit  — from 42 tracks  down to just two actual  phantom power available audio tracks with the audio fuse

it appears to me the file structures are more less the same in Ventura at least just moving from Monterey though some folders/files libraries are hidden by default on new machine(s)

I have most projects/samples and extra associated stuff on an external drive …so that is easier to keep track of —   I am aware of /Music/Audio Music Apps/ but wasn't clear if/where personal preferences for example MIDI MAP and custom Keys commands are etc

Thanks for the pointers

I/O Labels in Logic are stored in your main preference file.

Only your home folder's Library folder is hidden by default to prevent less knowledgable users messing with it, but if you google how you can unhide it permanently.

Your preferences, and the stuff in Audio Music Apps is most of your user settings used in Logic, so copy that stuff over and you should have most of your setup.

The folder structure is not meaningfully different between Monterey and Ventura.

Edited by des99