10.7.6 plugin/mixer behavior

songseeds
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Been a Logic user forever so this workflow change is tripping me up.  

I often rearrange the plugins on a track.  NOW when you move the plugin, it opens and displays it.  NEVER done that before. I just want to move it, not open it up.  So I end up having to click the close button on EACH plugin window to close them.  

Is this change hard wired or is there NOW some setting that defines this behavior so I can go back to normal?

Edited by songseeds
incorrect info

2 minutes ago, fisherking said:

it's actually checked (never changed it).

Hmm, you're the first person I've seen that *doesn't* get this in recent Logic versions.

Anyone else on Ventura, running 10.7.6, with this option ticked, that doesn't get third-party plugins re-opened when re-ordering plugins on a channel strip?

Edited by des99

40 minutes ago, des99 said:

Hmm, you're the first person I've seen that *doesn't* get this in recent Logic versions.

Anyone else on Ventura, running 10.7.6, with this option ticked, that doesn't get third-party plugins re-opened when re-ordering plugins on a channel strip?

i was surprised to read about it, as i've never had that issue. so yes, perhaps 10.7.6 running in ventura...

Edited by fisherking

• Solution
42 minutes ago, fisherking said:

i was surprised to read about it, as i've never had that issue.

Hmm, I think this seems more of an M1 Native issue, so you might not see it when running on Intel... for example, it doesn't happen running under Rosetta (Intel code), but does running natively.

Edited by des99
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Most, if not all, my third-party plugins were opening when I copied them from one slot to another. Not sure when this started happening.

Unchecking "Open plug-in window on insertion" at Settings>Display stopped this behavior.

Now I find myself waiting for a plugin to open when I add it…I haven't gotten used to the behavior.