"Waiting On The Radio" - not-quite-mix. Feat. Colin Moulding, Donneye and Andy Metcalfe

grumblepig

Hi all - here's something I'm working on for my next record. I'll probably pull the track down soon, as (a) this isn't a finished mix and (b) the album it'll be on isn't finished either. Figured a bit of feedback wouldn't hurt in the meantime!

There's a crazy line-up on this track, at least to my ears. Colin Moulding from XTC sings harmonies and plays some keys, Donneye - ex-Julian Cope - is on lead guitar and Andy Metcalfe, my former bandmate better known for his time with Robyn Hitchcock and Squeeze, is on bass. 

The song itself takes place on a Greyhound bus bound for Reno and is a standard issue complaint about "music these days." 

Hope you enjoy, and I'm curious how the near-mix sits in various forum members' ears...

• Love 1

You know how much I appreciate just about anything you write/produce. This is no exception. Thanks for sharing!! 😄 The musicianship is clearly up there, and the vibe is perfectly created. I was on the Greyhound with you, watching out the window at the passing landscape, trying not to pay too much attention to the mayhem going on around me. 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

You know how much I appreciate just about anything you write/produce. This is no exception. Thanks for sharing!! 😄 The musicianship is clearly up there, and the vibe is perfectly created. I was on the Greyhound with you, watching out the window at the passing landscape, trying not to pay too much attention to the mayhem going on around me. 🤣

Thanks much, David! This track brings together some of my fav musicians - it's pretty wild for me to have these guys all on the same track. My wife and I have discovered how much we like going to Reno - not by bus, mind. I'd only otherwise been as a child, but it's a sweet little place with groovy record shops and enough coffee to keep us revved for years. 

• Like 1