Creating new take folders to enable simultaneous edits via grouping

Stubai
Go to solution Solved by Stubai,

Hi all,

I did 12 different takes of a guitar recording, with simultaneous dry and wet tracks.

However, while recording I somehow managed to come up with a different amount of takes between the wet and dry tracks (I think I accidently recorded one of the takes solo, and not simultaneously). Because of this difference in take numbers, when I enable Editing (Selection) in Group mode, it doesn't work.

930720138_ScreenShot2023-01-15at2_34_08pm.thumb.png.62e6792ec66ff26b0dfa246c45c97aaf.png

My question is this: is there a way I can work around this, perhaps by unpacking each take folder to separate tracks, and then repacking them so that the two new take folders have the same amount of takes in them? So for both wet and dry tracks, I would keep takes 4-12, which are the same, and delete takes 1-3 (which are expendable).

My hope is that with the two tracks having the same amount of takes, the Editing (Selection) in the Grouping tab will then work. 

I tried just deleting the takes 2-3 in each track, which are the ones that are different, but that didn't work.

Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance for your help!

(I am running version 10.4.6 on a MacBook Air with Mojave)

• Solution

Just thought I'd reply to my question (seeing as no-one else has! 😀)

Unpacking the folders, and making them the same size with same amount of takes, then repacking them did indeed work. I was then able to use grouping to edit them simultaneously, so problem solved.

I think the reason it didn't work at first was because I hadn't reapplied the Groups (rookie error)

Cheers

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stubai said:

Unpacking the folders, and making them the same size with same amount of takes, then repacking them did indeed work. I was then able to use grouping to edit them simultaneously, so problem solved.

Great, thanks for letting us know how you solved your own issue, I appreciate it! Sorry we weren't more reactive on that one - this one slipped through the cracks I'm afraid.