Odd graphical bug

slide187

Hi all, So in a region, the sound wave graphical representation is ... an outline... and then it's not.  I tried to search for this, but i don't think i had much luck depending now how its described.

i noticed it while making crossfades between regions, and then scrolled back to see if it was just one region, but its actually only about half the region.  no apparent audio issues tho.  the region in question is also not a comp'd region.  see pics.... anyone seen this?  or know why it happened?

for reference:
Logic Pro X (10.7.6) on my
iMac retina 5k 27" 2020
running Monterey 12.6.2
3.6 GHz i9
128 GB RAM
AND Radeon pro 5500 XT graphics card

Thanks for any info.

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 6.16.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 6.16.32 PM.png

Edited by slide187

Probably a graphical glitch - at low zoom levels, the waveforms are usually filled in, but as you zoom in, you get outlines...

Zoomed out:

lp2.thumb.jpg.abcd8d899da27c6766ce311fbe3c0253.jpg

Zoomed in one level

lp1.thumb.jpg.57802e89eda26b346ceccb124a098de5.jpg

Try zooming in and out, and watching the waveforms change, and see whether anything gets updated. What you see may be related to the sample content too.

In any case, I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about...

• Like 1

Yeah I thought about that, but these are at the same zoom level. And again within the same region.

So like my first pic shows 2 adjacent regions at the same zoom and the second one is one region where the wave form just changes from one to the other. 

But yeah it’s def only a graphical glitch since the sound is fine. But it’s the same when you zoom in or out (until you get WAY in like your screenshots)

So I agree. Not a big deal, Was just curious if anyone had seen it. 

Edited by slide187

4 minutes ago, slide187 said:

Yeah I thought about that, but these are at the same zoom level.

Yep, I understand - hence saying it's probably some kind of graphical glitch. Maybe the overviews were built at one zoom level and haven't been updated, something like that. I was just showing the two ways Logic displays those waveforms, and hence it's weird that some of the waveform is displayed as it would be in a different zoom mode, but either way is a valid way of drawing the waveform.

If you import that same audio file into a new project, how does it display then?

Edited by des99