Flex pitch with midi ?

NoPro
Go to solution Solved by NoPro,

• Solution

Thanks …yeah it’s a sample pack of whistling …the whistling is midi and the whistling needs tuning  that isn’t being helped by midi adjustment …I will render to audio and attempt to tune .

Edited by NoPro

You don't need to render to audio to do this, you already have the audio, if it's a sample pack. Backup the samples, and then edit them directly - unless whatever instrument it is doesn't give you access to the samples directly.

If you just want to tidy up a line, rather than "fix" the instrument, then yes, you can just bounce the line to audio and fix with flex pitch as necessary.

Edited by des99

1 minute ago, NoPro said:

Sorry I meant it’s a kontakt instrument

Sure. Kontakt is a sampler. A Kontakt instrument consists of (in general terms) a bunch of audio files (the samples the Sampler plays) and a mapping file which lays out the samples across the keyboard and so on.

If the Kontakt instrument you use has all the samples encrypted into Kontakt format files (this is common for Kontakt), you can't (easily) get at them directly. If not, they are just audio files. Without knowing anything about the instrument you're referring to, I can't guess, I was just giving you the info to determine your best course of action.

• Like 1