Adding "Splash" Cymbals (& Other Percussion Instruments) to a Midi Drummer Track

Danos

Hi,

If I begin my Drum track by using "Drummer" and select the desired Drummer/Kit, and say I choose the "punk rock - max" and it uses "East Bay" Kit (regular, not producer kit).  So I create what I want in "Drummer", change it to a Midi Track and then..

How do I (easily) ADD another Percussion element / option to the track (so that in the Piano Roll Editor, I can add 2 more "Splashes", from within Logic (as in "Logic's "Splashes"), as additional options there (the Piano Roll) to use in the Song)!?

And is it the same process to (easily) add MORE (options), like a "Castanet"?  (I know I can create a separate "Castanet" track also, I just didn't know if there is a way to, on top of adding "Splashes", to add more percussion options (that may not be in this kit).

Thank you!

Edited by Danos

On 1/25/2023 at 4:35 AM, des99 said:

Add a second track with a new instrument that contains the extra sounds you want, and program it as necessary.

Is this the ONLY way!?  Is there also a way to put those additional Dum Sounds (ie. - "Splash" Cymbals) in the original main Drum Track I'm using?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Danos said:

Is this the ONLY way!?  Is there also a way to put those additional Dum Sounds (ie. - "Splash" Cymbals) in the original main Drum Track I'm using?

Thanks

This is one way to do it; Create a new Sampler track and load the "Studio Toolkit" instrument and place an alias of your midi region there by option+shift dragging it. Then in the track inspector, limit the pitches to F5-F#5. Use the "Collapse Mode" in piano roll for convenience ... 501314541_AddSplashtoKit.thumb.png.ab9fad5ac480d681e1f3385e5997e281.png

Edited by JakobP