LPX tempo recording using fader is intermittent

David Pickell

Hi - I'm a bit frustrated - I have one of those items Amin mentioned in another post - a piece needing slight tempo variations I can write in real time. I have set everything correctly, and here's the issue: it 'sometimes' records, and 'sometimes' doesn't. I can't seem to land on the variable causing this. 

In my mind, the tempo recording track should act like other tracks - erase-record, be susceptible to punch-in etc. But this intermittence is bothersome - I complete a great take full of lovely RITS and ACCELs and only to find it has not recorded. 

ANY idea what the variable might be that's causing this intermittence? 

Thanks guys,

David

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.54.24 PM.png

Followup - this was the result of trying to punch in to a successfully recorded opening segment - 

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.58.05 PM.png

• 5 months later...

I'm having this same problem with 10.7.9. I have the tempo fader set up the way you do and it records correctly about 1 out of 10 times. But, most of the time, I see the fader events being recorded in the event list and all looks good, but when I stop the recording, the tempo events don't go to the tempo track and actually change into something that makes no sense:

ScreenShot2023-07-20at3_03_08PM.png.02d6dcc834bd4d303d6dc1979d1abc28.png

The tempo events self destruct into whatever that unnamed event is and then there are a few straggler tempo control events at the bottom. I have Allow tempo change recording checked, but I get this result whether it's checked or unchecked. This is a new project, so there shouldn't be any corruption or settings that would be getting in the way. It occasionally works, but only on shorter passages. If I try to record tempo events for an entire song, then I just get a longer list of those bizarre, no status events that were formerly tempo control events. Is anyone else seeing this or have an idea about what might be causing this?