How to download packs in Logic Pro

Kyliann
Go to solution Solved by scg,

Hi, 

I am a beginner in Logic Pro X and I have downloaded some packs (packs not from logic) (reverb and sample) on my Mac but I can't find them in Logic Pro, I don't know what I do wrong, maybe it's the moment I download a pack or maybe I don't know how to put them with the other packs of logic...

Can you help me please ??

42 minutes ago, des99 said:

You'll need to be specific as to what this "pack" is? Logic project files? Audio recordings? Loops? Sampled instruments? Preset packs?

What do the install instructions that come with the downloads say?

1 hour ago, Kyliann said:

Hi, 

I am a beginner in Logic Pro X and I have downloaded some packs (packs not from logic) (reverb and sample) on my Mac but I can't find them in Logic Pro, I don't know what I do wrong, maybe it's the moment I download a pack or maybe I don't know how to put them with the other packs of logic...

Can you help me please ??

For example, I have the "808 bass module 2 lite" except if I'm wrong, I think it would act like an other instrument plug-in no ? But I don't know how to find it in logic or use it.

Just now, Kyliann said:

For example, I have the "808 bass module 2 lite" except if I'm wrong, I think it would act like an other instrument plug-in no ? But I don't know how to find it in logic or use it.

It would be helpful to answer the specific questions we asked. If you don't *know* what the exact content you got is, then at least provide a link to it so we can try and work out how to help you.

Otherwise, all we have is "I downloaded a thing, I don't know what it is, how do I make it work?" and without knowing what the thing is, none of us can help you.

More info would definitely be useful, but that appears to be a plugin. (I suppose a 'pack' could include plugins, but typically that would be more like samples, presets, etc.). Make sure you download the AU version. I downloaded it, and there's a document in the download package with installation instructions. There may be other steps you'll need to take to get Logic to pick it up, but try that and see if you run into further problems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kyliann said:

Yes I've followed every instructions but maybe the problem is I don't know how to use plug-ins in logic...

You may need to quit and relaunch Logic in order for it to pick up the plugin. You might be able to rescan while Logic is running, but I can't remember if I've ever tried that before - maybe someone else can confirm/disconfirm that that's possible. Can't remember this for sure either, but I think there've been times where I've had to restart my computer before a plugin would register. In any case, try those things if it's not showing up for you.

• Like 1

So, I have followed your instructions but the problem is still here : In Logic Pro > Instruments AU, there's only "Apple" but not any other instrument I downloaded following instructions.

Except if we are supposed to find instruments in another way than in "instruments AU", I am lost... I verified each part of the instrument place in Instrument track. 

Is there a solution ? 

I ask myself if I put the vst and the components files in the correct place (vst files in plug-ins > vst) and (components files in plug-ins > AU) 

• Solution

I downloaded and installed it, and it's not showing up for me in either Logic or Ableton. Maybe we're both making the same mistake! Or maybe there's an issue with the plugin. I haven't tried restarting my computer, but if you haven't tried that, you might give that a go. This probably won't provide any information you don't already have, but you can go to the Logic Pro menu, Settings->Plug-in Manager, and see all the plugins you have installed. It's not showing up there for me either, as far as I can tell.

Here's another data point. I downloaded the VST and tried loading it in Ableton, and got a message (which I've unfortunately lost and can't seem to get back) about not being able to load the plugin due to the developer being unverified, malware concerns, etc.

Here's my suggestion. Download something reliable, like Vital, and see if you can get that to work. If you can, the problem may be with this particular plugin.

Edited by scg
  • Like 2

@scgYou're my hero, thank you ! The problem was in fact with the plug-ins I tried to deal with. Vital works perfectly but now I don't understand why the other plug-ins I tried didn't work because I find them in professional YouTube channels and they were using it normally... Another last question (sorry),  but could you tell me if you know a 808 plug-ins free and that works ?? Be cause I have the same problem with 808 I tried... Thank you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyliann said:

@scgYou're my hero, thank you ! The problem was in fact with the plug-ins I tried to deal with. Vital works perfectly but now I don't understand why the other plug-ins I tried didn't work because I find them in professional YouTube channels and they were using it normally... Another last question (sorry),  but could you tell me if you know a 808 plug-ins free and that works ?? Be cause I have the same problem with 808 I tried... Thank you 

I can only guess as to why it worked for others and not you. One possibility: the people you saw using it were using the VST version on Windows and therefore weren't dealing with the same environment issues. Anyway, free plugins can be hit and miss, so it's not super surprising you ran into trouble.

As for alternatives, you can dive into Vital and make whatever you want 🙂 Or open up Alchemy, search in the browser for '808', and see if anything strikes your fancy. Or, try searching online for 'vital 808 presets' - I tried that and saw some hits that looked promising. Or, lastly, just search online for 'free 808 plugin' - there might be something else out there that both works and meets your needs.

• Like 1