Enabling/Disabling FlexPitch changes timing of apple loop

AMD
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi everyone.

I imported the Backward Echo Vox 01 apple loop from the library. The original loop is 150bpm in G, but my track is 125 bpm in D minor, so the loop was transposed as expected.

I enabled FlexPitch on the track with the loop and it changed the pitch and timing of the loop without any intervention from me. I didn't do any editing, just disabled FlexPitch on the track, but the timing of the loop did not return to its original state.

Am I missing something here, or is this some sort of bug? Please see attached. 

Thanks.

01 imported loop before flexing

02 loop with flex pitch enabled

03 loop after disabling flex pitch

Edited by AMD

• Solution
1 hour ago, AMD said:

I enabled FlexPitch on the track with the loop and it changed the pitch and timing of the loop without any intervention from me.

That's normal behavior. Loops are not meant to be flexed, instead they automatically adapt to the Project tempo and key, which can be disabled by deselecting "Follow Tempo & Pitch" in the Region inspector. 

1 hour ago, AMD said:

just disabled FlexPitch on the track, but the timing of the loop did not return to its original state.

I can't reproduce that behavior here. Make sure "Follow Tempo & Pitch" is selected? 

If your goal is to transpose the loop, what you can do is use the Transpose parameter in the Region inspector:

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 4.08.17 PM.png

On 2/4/2023 at 3:09 PM, David Nahmani said:

That's normal behavior. Loops are not meant to be flexed, instead they automatically adapt to the Project tempo and key, which can be disabled by deselecting "Follow Tempo & Pitch" in the Region inspector. 

I can't reproduce that behavior here. Make sure "Follow Tempo & Pitch" is selected? 

If your goal is to transpose the loop, what you can do is use the Transpose parameter in the Region inspector:

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 4.08.17 PM.png

Hi David, sorry for the late reply.

Flex and follow is enabled. Understood re apple loops and flexing, thanks. I know I can transpose using the region inspector, but I was curious as to why the loop sounded different even after I disabled FlexPitch on the track. If you can't produce it there, then it seems the issue is at my end only, but an issue nonetheless.