My version of Ryuichi Sakamoto's "The Revenant Theme 2"

GeneralDisarray

I recently rewatched "The Revenant", one of the best movies of all time by far, which also has one of the best scores of all time. This is my poor attempt at trying to copy one of my favorite songs of the album with virtual instruments, mostly Eastwest's Solo Cello, and Arturia's Analog Lab V.

This kept me up until 7 am on Saturday, then 5 more hours yesterday, and about another hour today, and I have to stop myself because I know it's not perfect, but like everything you work on, you keep finding things that can be improved, and in my case those are a lot because I don't know music and I know Logic well, but not at an expert level. So here's the link:

"The Revenant Theme 2" recreation

Edited by GeneralDisarray

1 hour ago, GeneralDisarray said:

This is my poor attempt at trying to copy one of my favorite songs of the album with virtual instruments, mostly Eastwest's Solo Cello, and Arturia's Analog Lab V.

In fact what you have compiled sounds great in my ears. Very well done. I also can't understand how you claim that you don't know music! What you have done IS great music; even if have not composed it initially.

27 minutes ago, Shahram Omidvar said:

In fact what you have compiled sounds great in my ears. Very well done. I also can't understand how you claim that you don't know music! What you have done IS great music; even if have not composed it initially.

Thanks! What I meant is that I don't know music in the sense that I can't play anything more than a handful of notes, or chords that I follow on some tutorial. I can't tell you for the life of me if the note I'm hearing is a C3 or an F2, but I can get in the ballpark, and then I hit notes in the keyboard until I get to the next one. That's one way I hope to train my ears so I can tell notes apart better.

As for chords, I don't stand a chance 😄

9 hours ago, GeneralDisarray said:

I can't tell you for the life of me if the note I'm hearing is a C3 or an F2, but I can get in the ballpark, and then I hit notes in the keyboard until I get to the next one. That's one way I hope to train my ears so I can tell notes apart better.

As for chords, I don't stand a chance 😄

Fair enough. You know that you are not alone in this regard. For some, note intervals is what matters most; any note your start, they can continue with the music. It is a matter of relativity. Being a musician to me is less these but being able to express your feeling well. If you want to be an academic musician, that's a different story.

Chords are so simple; either by using note intervals or the sensation they carry.

All the best my fellow musician.

• Like 1