Keyframe Values

Tom Rawlings

I'm just getting back into Logic because of its ability to mix Dolby Atmos natively. I'm setting keyframes, but when I try to set the value to 0 (zero) the value jumps from -.8 to 1.4. I can't get it to 0. In PT I could hold the shift button while dragging to set the value more precisely. Is there a way to do this in Logic? I can't seem to find an answer online.

Yes, it would be an automation point. I'm mixing in Atmos and am trying to change the Object Position Left/Right value. Panning, but with an object. I typically bring things close to center (panning) on verses and open things up in the chorus. This is my first mix in Atmos, so I'm experimenting. I'm assuming that the parameter above would affect the "pan" L/R - but of an object. Not the bed. So - I'm trying to bring the guitars closer to center in the verse and spread them a little wider when I get to the chorus. Maybe I'm OCD but .8 to 1.4 is not close enough. I would like to take it to 0 if I want. 

11 minutes ago, Tom Rawlings said:

I've tried control, option, command, shift, and combinations of those. Control drag jumps it to either +100 or -100. 

Control-drag does work in general, but I see that it does in fact behave just as you describe for object position automation. I don't have an explanation for that, but I imagine someone else will. Oddly (or maybe not oddly, if there's an explanation for it), if you select more than one point, it works. But then of course you're editing more than one point when you only want to edit one.

While we're waiting for better answers, here's a workaround that worked for me: create a temporary dummy point, select that point and the point you want to edit, make the edit using control-drag, then delete the dummy point 🙂