Not all MIDI regions highlighted when selecting tracks

el-bo
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

Yet another weird-and-wonderful (Yet likely easily solvable) issue I'm having.

A little ways into a project, I decided to start naming my tracks and MIDI regions. Normally, I write the instrument details under 'Track', then copy/paste that to 'Region', and all the normally automatically-selected MIDI regions would take the name of the instrument. But in this project, for whatever reason, only half the tracks are working in the expected manner. On those that aren't, selecting the track down the left panel does not highlight the MIDI regions, nor can I rename them (They stay defaulted to "MIDI Defaults").

Im struggling to find any differences in the track info columns, apart from that the non-highlight-able tracks have the "Mute:" box slightly greyer.

What am I missing?

Thanks

P.S. Can't find where to change my forum signature 😉

1209559264_Screenshot2023-02-10at11_58_18.thumb.png.8ba0cd5a314c9ae5748931e3e03b9c69.png395634868_Screenshot2023-02-10at11_57_58.thumb.png.7deb8ec89c0c0620120c4afcaa9efa15.png

1 hour ago, polanoid said:

Selection only happens inside of the cycle range (partially overlapping counts as inside) when Cycle is on as in your screenshot! This is expected behavior 

Ah, fantastic! Such a simple thing. An embarrassing mistake to make, given how long I've been with Logic (17 years?). Now i've ramped-up my production amount, I'm starting to notice how much of a workflow I DON'T have. Need to do something abut that.

Just curious what would be the use-case for this behaviour?

Also @David Nahmani Any info on the 'signature' question? Thanks 🙂