Octave transpose command not responding

wizstudios
Go to solution Solved by CCTMusic,

Shift-option-updown arrow does not change my midi notes an octave anymore. I notice that it DOES change the velocity adjustment in the inspector in increments of 30 but even then the velocity is not changed on the selective midi. I have tried to reset my key commands to default to no avail. I did not realise how much I used this function until I had to start counting semit tones to transpose up  and octave. Any ideas?

• 10 months later...

I thought I had replied to you, David but I don't see it here. Not sure what happened.  Long time ago and I am still living with right-clicking on my midi notes and selecting transpose from the menu. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this key command. I am in US mode and the key command in the editor is option shift up and down arrow as it should be but it does not work.

(Reposting because I am understanding how this site works better now. But I don't know if there's a way to raise a question back to the top. Waited too long to sort it out.)

Shift-option-updown arrow does not change my midi notes an octave anymore. I notice that it DOES change the velocity adjustment in the region inspector in increments of 30 but even then the velocity is not changed on the selected midi. I have tried to reset my key commands to default to no avail. I did not realise how much I used this function until I had to start counting semi tones or right-clicking notes to transpose up/down an octave. I am in US keyboard mode and the key command in the editor is option/shift> up/down arrow as it should be but it does not work on the midi, it opens and moves region velocity instead. Using this combo in 'edit key commands' brings up octave transpose but it does not move the midi. 'option/up arrow' moves me one semi tone as it should.

everything is up to date version wise....

Having @des99 and @Jordi Torres solve my hanging A2 problem, I thought I'd try again! Is it another learned assignment issue perhaps?

RW

1 hour ago, Robert Wisden said:

everything is up to date version wise....

Hi, running on Logic 10.7.9 here and that command combination still works for me. What version of Logic are you on? 10.8? Can you recall anything having changed prior to it last working?

• Like 1

Hi and thanks everybody! Yes, David, the test user Logic worked as it should. I'm going to keep that diagnostic tool in my back pocket, never even thought of it! CCTMusic, thank you so much. It WAS Speakerfood! I just commanded it not to start on login and my octave shift KC was back! After all this time and effort! I'll go back in and sort out how to change their key commands later. After all this time and effort! I really, really appreciate you guys taking the time to help. Life is better now, good omens for a new year! 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wizstudios said:

Yes, David, the test user Logic worked as it should.

Ok so then there could be something up with your preference file. If you don't mind resetting Logic Pro to default preference settings in your current account, then: 

1. Quit Logic.
  2. In the Finder, hold down Option while you click the Go menu and choose Library.
  3. In the Library folder, go inside the Preferences folder and delete com.apple.logic10.plist.

Whoops sorry I just read further and realized that the issue was indeed Speakerfood. Nevermind. 🙂 

• Like 1

It was the Speakerfood app, David and it's working again as it should. I didn't know it was overriding the Logic KC. It shouldn't and they should warn us that it does. It's not even listed on their troubleshooting page. tsk. 

Thanks for your help!

RW

• Like 1