WordPress Themes for Solo Musicians??

mrgeeze

Building a WordPress site.

Wondering which WP theme might help me on my way.

A simple site for a solo musician is all I'm really after

BillFrisell.com

JohnScofield.com

2 examples that fit the bill pretty well.

Wondering if there's one to pick out of the thousands there are

I've used Inspiro on a few websites, band and "other".  It's clean and got me a similar feel as your going for.  The trick to any Wordpress theme is taking the time to learn it.  They all have their own quirks, but they are all customizable if you take the time.  

How much experience do you have with Wordpress?

https://wordpress.org/themes/inspiro/

I spent an hour or two with Inspiro. I knocked up a quick site. It is what you said. It gets the job done. To a point

I ran into the wall where It appears only to support one menu for the entire site. I have some menus I would like to put off other pages.

One can't know the limitations of a theme till one mucks about in it.  Who would have thought multi-menu capability is not available. A menu is a menu. I should be able to place them wherever. I guess they want their $75/year upgrade. Not from me anyway.

So now I want an artist theme that supports multiple menus

I was a pretty decent C, C++, C# developer a few years ago. I'm new to WordPress but I feel I can figure out most of it. Its a bit different environment than the IDE's I've worked in but I'll get there.

I'm wondering if I should skip the whole theme thing entirely? That could be the programmer in me coming out. I realized themes help jump start a site, but these gotcha's I'm experiencing are a bit annoying.