Loading track stacks patches from the library with merge option

elcrepusculo2015

Hi, is it there a way to load a "Track Stack" patch from the Library disabling the "Sends" option in the "Patch Merging" window? I just  don't want Logic to create additional busses with reverb inserted together with the  Track Stack patch I want to load. But if I disable "Sends" in the "Patch Merging" window Logic removes the subtracks inside the "Track Stack" patch loading only a single track (the  first one inside the original Track Stack Patch). It seems that Logic doesn't diferentiate between aux sends and channel bus routing. May I achieve the desired result saving the Track Stack In another format or something?

I mainly use this method to load a full orchestral section( let say 7 diferent string articulations instances) in a row instead to make it one by one.

The only workaround I have found to achieve this is saving the Track Stack as a Logic Project and make a Library of projects with only the patch inside, later I have to import it inside the current project I'm working on, but  this is a workflow killer.

Edited by elcrepusculo2015

18 hours ago, elcrepusculo2015 said:

The only workaround I have found to achieve this is saving the Track Stack as a Logic Project and make a Library of projects with only the patch inside, later I have to import it inside the current project I'm working on, but  this is a workflow killer.

That is the workflow I suggest when trying to have flexibility that the Library does not offer. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JakobP said:

Why don't you just remove the sends from the patch and save it as a user patch ? Save custom patches in Logic Pro

Does removing sends from a Track Stack mean to remove I/O assigments too?

I think that will destroy the proper track Stack structure. Also I do want the aux sends controls in every channel inside the Track Stack. Just dont want Logic to create additional aux channels when I load it in my project.

1 hour ago, JakobP said:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that... Could you show some example screenshots ?

JakobP  I hope not to be wrong on this. If you look for the factory patch "80s FM Piano" in the Library and load it in  one Project, you will notice that this Patch is made of two instruments tracks each one with an instance of the ES 2 synth inserted. Those two instrument tracks are nested into a Summing Track Stack (Main Track). This Main Track has 5 effects  inserted plus  two aux sends  which affect the two Subtracks at the same time. If you Load this "80s FM Piano" patch with "Patch Merging" window open and disabling  the first  option "Sends" you will see the patch won't load correctly. That's because Logic removes the Bus assigment of the Patch, not only the aux sends but the I/O Assigment too. So if you don't want Logic to add new aux channels to your project, use "Patch Merging" to avoid it. The bad thing is that  you will lose the Track Stack inner estructure as  Logic  also will remove the  Track Stack I/O configuration. So the Patch won't ever will sound as it  was saved. My problem is that I do want to save my Track Stack preset together with its own aux sends configuration as they are part of the Patch.

I hope my english was clear enough, I don't think a picture could be more clarifying.

The Library in Logic is a good tool but has too many limitations to be really helpful.

1 hour ago, elcrepusculo2015 said:

That's because Logic removes the Bus assigment of the Patch, not only the aux sends but the I/O Assigment too.

Yes, that happens here too, looks like a bug to me. Getting late here though, so just don't get it I'm afraid... Do you want to use fx auxes that's already in the project when loading new patches, is that it ? Sorry, can't think straight anymore... 😄

Edited by JakobP

3 hours ago, JakobP said:

Do you want to use fx auxes that's already in the project when loading new patches, is that it ? Sorry, can't think straight anymore... 😄

Haha! that's exactly what I was trying to explain. I omitted that part in my reply. Sorry if I couldn't express myself better, my English is a bit poor. Anyway thanks for trying to help me out.👍