Need help buying a new monitor

So my LG Flatron W2224ST crapped out after 14 years (?!?! 😄). I used it as an extension screen for my laptop.

I need to get a new monitor but there is so many options and I have no clue what to look for. 

I could go 27"but seems too much so 24"could be enough. I do not game. It needs to have a VGA connection because that's the adapter I use for thunderbolt.

Price wise I would not go over 150eur even that seems like overkill. 

this one caught my attention https://www.makromikrogrupa.hr/monitor-lcd-27-aoc-27b2h-led-ips-vga-hdmi-75hz

https://www.makromikrogrupa.hr/monitor-lcd-24-acer-ka240ybi-full-hd-led-freesync-75hz-vga-hdmi

also

What would you recommend ?

Thanks

When I built my latest desk, I traditionally used multiple monitors like yourself, I wanted to increase my workspace dramatically, but I also did not like the fact that hardly larger monitors tended to run 2-3x higher in price than smaller ones I was used to working from.

I use a MacBook Pro, so I already had a smaller monitor to handle everything else like email, chat, web browsing, etc. What I desired was a workspace monitor that allowed anyone looking over my shoulder to see from a distance. It tends to get very distracting when my customers are leaning into my desk to see what I am doing. That said, I also involve my Customers quite a bit during the tracking and mixing process, so I need their involvement to be the best experience for both of us.

I use a 48” 4K TV for my console. It is large enough for anyone to see exactly what is going on from 3-6 feet away, and not so large I am pivoting my head everywhere during mixing. It sits about 36” away from me.

I have a buddy who has an even bigger TV on his desk, and he doesn’t like the head pivoting required to navigate his monitor. So you can go too big, but distance from the User is also a factor.

Even better, the larger surface gives me room to open as many plugins as I need. And now that so many plugins can be resized, I can really appreciate the added space.

I am not sure about VGA connections on 4K TVs, I use a USB-C to HDMI cable. And there are some drawbacks to a TV versus a true monitor. My Vizio will tend to refresh every couple hours which only takes a few seconds. And mine won’t power-down and startup like a monitor. But the 4k detail is amazing and I am able to set the size to just about any resolution under the sun.

And best of all, no backseat driver hovering!

Best of luck in your search!