No sound during first second of playback

mdq

Hi all,

I'm having an annoying playback issue with Logic Pro X. The first time I load a project, there is no sound during the first second or so of audio playback. Once the audio starts playing, I can restart the track and it works fine. It's as if Logic has not loaded the audio track properly until it's attempted to play it back.

This is happening on my brand new M2 MacBook Pro 14". The exact issue also occurred on my old 2015 Intel MacBook Pro 15". I am using a Focusrite Scarlett audio interface, and this playback issue occurs whether I play it through the interface or not.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Hi @polanoid, thanks for the reply. This seems to affect Audio tracks only. My Drummer track plays without issue.

This seems to happen even with fresh projects (I created new project, copied and pasted audio region). I have just discovered that it only happens when my plugin is enabled on the audio track. Track plays fine with plugin disabled and listening to DI signal. I thought it could be a latency or buffer thing, but it only happens on that first play, and not after!

Here's a pic of my mixer (ignore the muted track as it's not being used), is this helpful?

Screenshot2023-03-07at18_18_12.thumb.png.8da93aa2095ec0ce13d436304f240df8.png