Ranks?

Dox

I also noticed that the ranking system does not take history into account. I have been a member here for quite some time but when the ranks were introduced I was given the rank of Newbie. Now I know that everyone else is in the same boat, I'm just saying that a lot of years seem to have been flushed away or reset. I don't have the time to visit here too often. Certainly not as often as I would like to anyway.  So I know that it will take me a long time to clamber back up the ranks. Actually, now that I've written that down it strikes me as strange (and maybe disturbing) that I would be concerned by a ranking system at all. Maybe it's the feeling that I'm being assigned a value judgement or a performance appraisal? Either way I can see that it's a 'me issue'. Would it be better if there were no rankings at all? If just your name, avatar, joining date and post count came up would it make any difference?

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quite honestly, I have never cared at all about "ranks," in any of the very-many forums that I have ever participated in.  I've just always tried to provide a response that I felt to be "relevant and useful."  Sometimes "the community" voted me up, or voted me down, or simply didn't vote at all.  But, I've never asked for anyone's affirmation. I just focused on whoever was asking the question, and tried to give the very best answer (if any) that I could give.

Edited by MikeRobinson
  • Like 2