Bug with presets when copying and moving plug-ins (10.7.7)

Here I have two plug-ins of the same AU, i.e. let's say two compressors, placed after each other on a channel strip. Each conatins a different user preset:

1. Plug-in Instance A - Slow preset
2. Plug-in Instance B - Fast preset

I copy Instance A (containing the Slow preset) by Option+dragging that plug-in on top of Instance B, and it replaces it. Technically there should now be two identical instances/settings/presets in a row.

However, plug-in #2 still uses the old preset name that the previous plug-in had, i,e. "Fast preset", even though the whole instance containing the "Slow preset" was copied on top of it.

Interestingly, the tick in the preset list will show up in front of the wrong preset for user presets. For factory presets there is no tick after copying, not even in front of the old preset, so that's a small difference. Factory presets will still mess up though. The tick will still be there in the first instance, which was used as the source.

The actual settings have been copied correctly, but the preset name is incorrect and something seems to happens with the preset selection and display.

This is very confusing as you now have two identical settings that are named differently and I've messed up a few sessions in the heat of the moment, opening and adjusting the wrong instance since the name is wrong.

Edited by lagerfeldt