How To Nudge Regions?

rocknrollchef

Hello: I have scoured YouTube and found some videos which do not seem to work for what I'm hoping to learn: Using my keyboard to nudge audio regions left or right. Similar to nudging video clips in Premiere Pro with Command and arrow (left or right). 

Nothing I saw on YouTube (Command or Option, plus left/right arrow) works at all. IDEAS? 

THANK YOU!

... and there are a couple of ways to set the nudge value. The visual one is to click the Toolbar button and set it in the Nudge menu: 

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 7.55.24 PM.png

... otherwise you can use key commands: 

• Control-Option-M Measure 
  • Control-Option-B Beat
  • Control-Option-D Division
  • Control-Option-T = Tick
  • Control-Option-F = Frame
  • Control-Option-H = Half-frame
  • Control-Option-1 = ms
  • Control-Option-0 = 10 ms
  • Control-Option-S = Sample

Then you use the following to nudge:

• Option-Left arrow = Nudge Left
  • Option-Right arrow = Nudge Right

At the beginning, I personally liked to have the toolbar visible while learning the key commands so that I could visualize the current setting (and double-check that I was using the right key command). 

• Like 2

Thanks so much guys but... this is making me nuts. I did mess around and change settings (as instructed) but here's what's happening now: The wave forms inside the regions are now moving (as I nudge), but the regions themselves are NOT moving - very strange. I've attached two screen shots. 

Okay let me know what I'm doing wrong? 

THANK YOU

chef

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 9.34.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 9.34.44 AM.png

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Oops! I gave you the wrong key commands! Control-Option-arrow is for "Slip" commands, which behave as you describe. For nudging, you need Option-arrow. I've corrected my previous post. 

Sorry about that!

No worries Dave, you and your site are fantastic and a terrific resource - and I was able to figure that out on my side. FYI it's interesting how the YouTube videos I saw skimmed over perhaps the most important first step: Adjusting the value of the grid/notes. THANKS AGAIN!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rocknrollchef said:

No worries Dave, you and your site are fantastic and a terrific resource - and I was able to figure that out on my side. FYI it's interesting how the YouTube videos I saw skimmed over perhaps the most important first step: Adjusting the value of the grid/notes. THANKS AGAIN!

Great! You're welcome. 🙂 Happy to help.