Bouncing extends the region

edurbrow

I wonder. Yes, I can pinpoint where it changed by stepping backwards in undo. I still don't understand it or know what to do about it though.

I was trying to find an un-pitch corrected bit, because there were glitches in the pitch correction so that I could paste it in and turn off the pitch correction as David Nahmani taught me to get around glitches. As soon as I disclosed the takes on the original track, the track below it expanded. Weird, huh?

9 hours ago, edurbrow said:

As soon as I disclosed the takes on the original track, the track below it expanded. Weird, huh?

What I see on your screenshot is that on track 4, Flex is off, while on track 5, Flex is on. 

If on track 5, turning off Flex changes the length of the audio regions, that means the audio file does not have the correct tempo data embedded. 

Are there other tracks in this project? Like drums, guitars etc..? If yes, which one of the two tracks (between 4 and 5) sounds in sync with the rest of the project? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Are there other tracks in this project? Like drums, guitars etc..? If yes, which one of the two tracks (between 4 and 5) sounds in sync with the rest of the project? 

The old track is in sync, I think.
I can't get my hard disk to show up so I can't check it. The new track shifted at the point I opened the takes.

Ok then you can: 

1. Turn Flex off for that track: that should make the track in sync again. 
  2. Make sure the audio region is selected, and choose Edit > Tempo > Write Project Tempo to Audio Files: that embeds the current tempo to the audio files. 
  3. Turn Flex on: that should no longer shift the audio files that now have the current project tempo embedded. 

4 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Ok then you can: 

1. Turn Flex off for that track: that should make the track in sync again. 
  2. Make sure the audio region is selected, and choose Edit > Tempo > Write Project Tempo to Audio Files: that embeds the current tempo to the audio files. 
  3. Turn Flex on: that should no longer shift the audio files that now have the current project tempo embedded. 

Amazing. You always know the solution! I will try it. I'm traveling at the moment and using a laptop and a HD dock and I think the dock is dodgy. I've just ordered a new one, so I may not be able to access my data for a few days. 😞
Thank you.

• Like 1