Sequencer...

Raddler

In the sequencer lanes, is there a way to randomize the steps without the cumbersome right click>randomize method? Maybe a dice button would be easier?

Also, can we limit the amount of randomization? I don't need 7 octaves up and down when I randomize the octave lane. 

37 minutes ago, scg said:

The 'option-command-R' shortcut randomizes with respect to the current edit mode. Not sure off the top of my head if there's a way to limit the randomization range (I'm not aware of such a feature).

Unfortunately that key option randomizes the entirety of all steps and parameters on the respective sequencer's track equally. I just want to randomize let's say the octave lane and nothing else. Only way I can see is to right click and select randomize on a  parameter lane.

Would it have been too much for them to include a little dice box or a little 'R' to click on? 

And regards the randomization amount. Could they not let us limit the percentage of change? Full UP/DOWN on any of the parameters is rather un-musical.

Sometimes I wonder about the logic developers. I think they like writing code more than they know about real music production.

Edited by Raddler

4 hours ago, Raddler said:

Unfortunately that key option randomizes the entirety of all steps and parameters on the respective sequencer's track equally.

Hm, are you sure it's doing that? It's described as only randomizing the current edit mode, and that's the behavior I'm seeing here. (Maybe we're doing different things...)