Moog Subsequent 37 and Logic

John Scalia

I have a Subsequent 37. Is there any other way to sync with Logic, OTHER THAN having to send clock from Logic and making sure Logic is playing in order for them to sync??? The way I like to work, is create something on the Moog , like an ARP or a sequence, then Id like to open Logic , sync them up and record my sync'd Moog performance in to Logic. But this is evidently not possible. 

I used hardware sequencers for 20 years and that's how they worked, too...clock was only sent when playing or recording. 

If you want to mess around with a new part on the Moog without hearing the existing tracks, just solo the Moog track and hit play.

If you haven't recorded anything yet, just hit play.

• Like 1

P.S. the Moog is designed with individual switches for the arp, sequencer and modulation sources to sync to MIDI clock. There is no menu item that needs to be set. So jam away freely with the tempo setting of the internal clock and when you finally want to record, just press the sync button(s).

• Like 1