Hmmm...changed tempo and something unexpected

jeffloven

I have recorded a song that contains loops, midi drums and keyboard, electric gtr, electric bass, several different lead voc tracks and also 6 background voc tracks.  Project tempo was 112. I have found the song was recorded too slow.  I tried varispeed but even going up 2%-well, I can hear sonic degradation and so I have decided to keep my midi and loop tracks-bump the track BPM up to 115 and retrack the recorded audio (Vocs, gtr & bass).  As expected guitars-bass and most of the vocals were totally out of whack/too slow when I bumped the meter up from 112 to 115 for the new version of this song. No worries-I expected this and will simply retrack. BUT>To my surprise the several lead voc tracks have switched tempos and sit perfectly in time with the track and sound natural-no artifacts that i can hear--WOW!!!! This is a bonus. BUT-why would these couple tracks migrate to the new tempo and not others...what is going on...?...

You might be able to get results similar to those you got with the lead vocals with the instrumental and background vocal parts and not necessarily have to retrack them if you don't want to. Are you familiar with Logic's flex time functionality? Also, was all the live audio recorded directly into Logic, or was some of it recorded via other means and imported into Logic?

Relevant things to check would be whether flex is on for the tracks in question, the flex mode for the tracks, and the 'Flex & Follow' settings for the regions. In any case, if you want to get the other tracks adjusted to the new tempo and see how they sound, someone here should be able to walk you through that if needed.