Creating Drum Machine Designer Track from Quick Sampler doesn't create MIDI region

tripnikk
Go to solution Solved by scg,

I've been trying to do some breakbeat stuff in logic pro recently. I imported my drum loop into the quick sampler and sliced the beats and was able to successfully make a drum machine designer track from there, but in all the tutorials I've seen, a MIDI region is also automatically created with the original drum loop recreated with the new DMD sounds. Unfortunately no such midi region is created when I try it. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Solution

Not exactly sure how DMD factors in here, but for the specific task of creating/acquiring a MIDI region corresponding to the sliced sample in Quick Sampler, there are (edit: at least) two ways to get it:

- Move the mouse around in the bottom part of the Quick Sampler waveform display until you see a 'curved arrow' cursor, then drag to a track.

- From the Quick Sampler 'gear' menu (top right), choose 'Copy MIDI Pattern', then paste at the desired location.

Edited by scg
  • Like 2

Thank you! Both methods worked. Initially I'd tried to use 'Copy MIDI Pattern', but I had created and opened an empty MIDI region and was attempting to paste the notes directly into it.

If anyone else has this problem, you simply select the target track and paste the region directly.

• Like 1