Why do I keep getting this pop-up?

Jonathan Levine

This pop-up has become like a plague now and I have no idea what's causing it. This happens to a bunch of random plug-ins (Native Instruments, Plug-In alliance, etc.) and I don't know why. All but one plug-in I have isn't Apple silicon native yet, but this is happening with the native plug-ins too. I'm running Logic in native mode on macOS 13.3, and all of my plug-ins are up to date with the latest versions. I rescan all audio-units regularly as well. Any ideas of what to look out for or how to fix this? 

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 2.08.45 PM.png

i thought i had resolved this, but saw that message yesterday. i quit logic, reopened, and have not seen the message again (yet) seems, in some cases anyway, to be a sort-of 'iffy' thing, and am able to keep working. 

try this:

quit logic, MOVE all AUs to a folder on the desktop. then move them back in in small groups, open logic, see how things go. if/when you find the group that includes the problematic plugin, move those AUs back out, then back in one-at-a time (of course, quit logic before you move anything in or out of the components folder).

not fun, but at least a way to find the problem.

i had this when i first got my m2 mini pro; for me, turned out i need the VST for tone2's icarus2 in place 😳

some older plugins used to use resources from the VST for the AU; i guess this one does too

good luck!