Bookmarked folders always return 0 files when searching

El Bura

Hey all, hope you are all well. 

I've come across a weird issue after setting up Logic on a new MacBook Pro. After installing Logic (10.7.7) and bookmarking my sample folders in the Media Browser (f) no files are returned/shown when searching from the Bookmark Tab, yet if I navigate to the same folder from the Home tab in the Media Browser and search from there my search reveals the files I'm looking for.

Has anyone come across this issue before or similar? I've tried navigating through the files from the Home tab to show the paths and removing then re-adding the bookmarked folders but so far nothing is returned/shown for any folder when I search from the Bookmarks Tab.

Thanks for any help hereon this.

Cheers

• 4 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 3:15 AM, El Bura said:

Hey all, hope you are all well. 

I've come across a weird issue after setting up Logic on a new MacBook Pro. After installing Logic (10.7.7) and bookmarking my sample folders in the Media Browser (f) no files are returned/shown when searching from the Bookmark Tab, yet if I navigate to the same folder from the Home tab in the Media Browser and search from there my search reveals the files I'm looking for.

Has anyone come across this issue before or similar? I've tried navigating through the files from the Home tab to show the paths and removing then re-adding the bookmarked folders but so far nothing is returned/shown for any folder when I search from the Bookmarks Tab.

Thanks for any help hereon this.

Cheers

Something you can try is going to your Music > Audio Music Apps > Bookmarks folder and delete the alias files (or perhaps they are even alias folders). Delete them. Then, in Logic, you can re-bookmark the files and folders you need. I had a similar situation where pre-existing alias files from previous versions of Logic were making my folders disappear from the Bookmarks tab. Once I did this though, it started working again. 

ALSO, I had a rare bug wayyyy back where it was a similar phenomenon. The only fix was to run First Aid on my Sample Library using Disk Utility. I think LPX utilizes Spotlight features for indexing and sometimes I do this just to be sure. 🙂 Hope that helps!