Custom (Smart) Controls/parameter mapping

Eet3m

Hi guys,

I’m a Logic user trying to use MainStage as a low latency practice amp/pedal board but I’ve got a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to edit smart controls to be something other than the preset ones? I know you can edit the non smart controls but those seem to apply to the whole concert not just the individual patches. For example I want 2 patches, one with just 2 faders and the other with just 2 toggle switches. Seems like I can only choose preset smart controls and remap the controls that are given.

2. Is there a better way to map controls? I have a plug-in with a distortion and an output knob that I want to adjust simultaneously using a smart control knob. The catch is that I would like to use a non-linear scale for the output knob to keep the output volume in roughly the same range so the signal doesn’t lose 30db as I roll back the distortion. As far as I can see MainStage only allows you to manually click on the points in that little parameter map graph one by one which is incredibly tedious and the points are very hard to move around or place with any kind of precision. I just wish there was an option to type the points in, but for some reason even when I type in the coordinates such as X=64 Y=0dB, the point jumps to Y=-4.231dB and sometimes doesn’t even catch the X axis either.

Anyway I realise that I might be expecting a little too much from MainStage honestly, 30mins in and all I can see is stuff that I can’t do haha. Even just adding a toggle switch to the interface seems to be off the cards, I can only add buttons haha, no big deal but it’s something that I thought would be a fairly logical feature given that all the smart controls have cool looking toggle switches on them. Or the option to rearrange or change the colour of the preset smart control panels to quickly be able to design your own amp with a layout that’s more relevant to your own setup rather than being stuck with default presets. Oh well

: \