Midi humanize reset

hepski

Hello, 
I was not able to turn this up in a search exactly. I have my drummer converted to midi and I want to "humanize" it so it doesn't sound as robotic. As is often the case, I push the humanize a bit too far before wanting to pull it back a bit after auditioning the results. Undos are fine for this. However, I may log out for a while to give me ears a rest and come back to find that I'd like to reset the humanize all together and start again. I don't find where I can reset this anywhere. Any suggestions? 
Thanks in advance, Tom

If you're talking about the humanize MIDI transform function, then that's a destructive process, so the only way I can think of to reset would be simply to quantize the positions and lengths (edit: although the lengths may not matter, depending on how the instrument is set up) and reset the velocities.

However, what I'd probably do instead is use track alternatives (for example) to store the unaltered regions and each iteration of humanization. That way, you can easily A/B and revert to previous iterations if you want.

Edited by scg
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hepski said:

Another option might be to have the origunal one track locked down and unchanged in a track stack. Then duplicate it and use the second copy as my live edit. If I need a reset, I can go back and duplicate again.

Yes, absolutely. I like and use track alternatives myself, but I've seen people say they prefer using multiple tracks, just as you describe.