XML option to move templates from one Mac to another?

musicismygas
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Yes, the settings used are stored in a project, that's how you can load the project and those settings are retained.

You'll need the software/plugins installed on the other computer of course.

If you store additional user channel strip presets and plugin presets outside a project that you choose to use from the Library as necessary etc, then you'll need to copy your user presets etc across too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, des99 said:

Yes, the settings used are stored in a project, that's how you can load the project and those settings are retained.

You'll need the software/plugins installed on the other computer of course.

If you store additional user channel strip presets and plugin presets outside a project that you choose to use from the Library as necessary etc, then you'll need to copy your user presets etc across too.

Thanks. So no need for any manual copying and pasting CST and other files from their original folder locations from the old Mac, to the nee Mac, right?

• Solution
Just now, musicismygas said:

So no need for any manual copying and pasting CST and other files from their original folder locations from the old Mac, to the nee Mac, right?

If you want those files, as I said, yes you should copy them over. Those presets are preset available to *load into* a project. The ones you are using in a project, will be stored in that project, but the ones that aren't used in a project obviously aren't in the project file.

None of that has anything to do with XML import though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, des99 said:

If you want those files, as I said, yes you should copy them over. Those presets are preset available to *load into* a project. The ones you are using in a project, will be stored in that project, but the ones that aren't used in a project obviously aren't in the project file.

None of that has anything to do with XML import though.

Thanks. I intend to only use all settings inside the saved Template.

18 minutes ago, des99 said:

Then it's easy, you just need that template project file, and you're good. 👍

I forgot to mention that I have 3rd party plugins that have settings and are used inside the template as well

(They will be installed on the new computer beforehand)

Edited by musicismygas