Stock plugins half-bright interface

cinningbao
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Oh guys, I'm sure I get this about once a year but I can never remember how to search for the answer.

What has made Logic decide that it won't fully instantiate plugins in an audio channel?

Attached photo has my 12 string bus, and an EQ and comp in the chain, but the interfaces are half bright and the knobs can't be moved.

There's nothing unusual about this channel; it's a summing stack.

What crucial information has left my brain?

thanks 🙂

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.12.49.jpg

Actually any plugins inserted on this channel are blocked from processing and interface manipulation.

But you probably knew that already 🙂

------- EDIT

a little closer look reveals that the plugins _are_ processing but the interfaces cannot be adjusted.

What on earth have I done?

🙂

Edited by cinningbao

2 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

That's an older bug... are you still on Logic Pro 10.5.1 ? Here's some more info about it: 

Hey David! 

Gosh it's been a while I posted for this issue lol. So no I'm not on 10.5 anymore, but 10.7.7. I've never had this issue after Logic got updated long time ago. So I guess we can close the topic? 

4 hours ago, Mandubien said:

Gosh it's been a while I posted for this issue lol. So no I'm not on 10.5 anymore, but 10.7.7. I've never had this issue after Logic got updated long time ago. So I guess we can close the topic? 

Actually it's a good thing that you posted again about this, and what you're saying does seem to confirm that this plug-in issue is a bug in an earlier version. 

• Like 1