Why does the port selection in my controller assignments keep changing all the time?

oortone

I don't get this. Just a about a month ago I corrected the midi port for all my controller assignments. For some unknown reason it had changed to the wrong port for EVERY assignment. Changed it back and saved the .cs file.

Been away from the project using the controller a while and now when I start working with it the port is changed again. It changed to a port for a piece of equipment I haven't even used for a very long time. It's in storage so the computer has not seen it for months.

Luckily I had the old .cs file but it's very annoying. Why does it change? I haven't even touched controller assignments since the last time but it changed anyway.

Edited by oortone

I have failed to find a way to change this setting for all assignments, I have to go into EVERY single one to make the change if I've failed to save the original .cs file... 😬

Kind of nostalgic feeling to go into Library>Preferences and replace a raw settings file to get things to work again...😄

Feels like twenty years ago.