Gonna go ahead - that phrase needs to stop

wonshu

I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

If you're going ahead and create instructional or walkthrough videos, you wanna go ahead and stop using the phrase "I'm gonna go ahead" when you go ahead to click on a UI element or move a fader.

You can go ahead and assume that your viewers are going to go ahead and be really annoyed by this nonsensical filler phrase if it goes ahead and appears every other sentence.

Now you can go ahead and roast me, but I would suggest you go ahead and fill the comments on those videos and go ahead and tell them.

*puke emoji*

• Haha 1

"Let's get started!"

"Smash that like button, and ding that bell!"

Not to mention those YT face thumbnails and the overtly fake/click baitey title ones...

And two 15-second unskippable ads every two minutes.

And many more YT user-hostile features (like that pop up list of other videos every time you press the space bar - then people realised you could use the K key to play/stop without the popup - then YT added the popup to the K key too... any many other another annoying features, particularly in the mobile app).

I get it, they need to monetise, and YT is an amazing resource, but it's not free of it's annoyances, for sure.

Oh - and you might be really attached to your 30 second spinning logo and title sequence, but make it max 1 second and it'll be 1000% better...

Just venting! 😉

• Like 2

On 4/18/2023 at 7:37 AM, wonshu said:

filler phrase

Ha ha love it. No complaints from my direction. I'm allergic to these stupid nauseous catch phrases that people latch onto like a leech and they hammer them down your throat oblivious to how annoying they are.

Slightly offtopic but one of my pet hates is that "going forward" interjection is turning into another perennial annoyance.

EDIT Dont know for Mac but uBlock Origen for PC / Linux means I see ZERO YT ads. I refuse to tolerate those unskippable ads.

Edited by Dynamic_Notes