Lithium BAtteries

iMac owners, and synth owners - How long have yours lasted? My understanding that these are supposed to last around 5 years but my experience is greatly varied.

If 5 years is the norm I'm going to face quite a hefty bill to have my 2019 iMac opened to replace it soon.

My Wavestation is pretty much on that time and is very easy to deal with. Now as for my D50 thats another matter. Ive had it since it came out here around 38years ago and Ive NEVER changed the battery. Its innards are packed in very tightly and when I had someone open it up to change a graphite pad many years ago, no battery in sight anywhere.  I dont know whether to smile or be scared at what I might find or what.

@wonshu Thanks. Dont mind fiddling in computer towers, doing basic stuff like pulling HDs etc but this ones well above my capabilities, and more so a 27". Of course I knew all this when I purchased mine and factored it in at the time tossing up between that and getting a Mac Pro (which Im pleased I didn't get) - but I heard recently that the batteries actually lasted longer than 5 years and wondered what other peoples experiences were.