Piano roll in separate window won't let me select MIDI notes

twistiejoe

Hi everyone, I like to work on several screens, one has a separate piano roll window so I can see the midi in a certain region separate from the arrange window, really helps my workflow ... until..

I've always been able to click and hold and make a blue box to select a bunch of midi notes, and for some reason now I can't

But when I try this in the arrange window (press P and a piano roll comes up in the main arrange window) it works fine, but it doesn't work in the separate piano roll window on my other screen.

Is this a bug? Is there something I have selected that's preventing this? It's really slowing me down that this isn't working properly so I really need your help!

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, scg said:

That's working for me (newest version of Logic). Is your signature correct that you're using Logic 10.0.7 and macOS 10.8.5?

Thanks - when I go to the App Store it says there's no available upgrade. I'm on 10.6.3. I use Catalina. Very reluctant to upgrade OS because everything works ... apart from this. 

5 hours ago, twistiejoe said:

Thanks - when I go to the App Store it says there's no available upgrade. I'm on 10.6.3. I use Catalina. Very reluctant to upgrade OS because everything works ... apart from this. 

It does seem like it might be an issue with the particular version you're using. There are some people here who keep good track of (or are at least familiar with) different Logic versions and the various bugs associated with each, so maybe someone can provide some insight on that.